Saturday, December 20, 2008

Andy Warhol exhibition and the South bank







I have been keen to see the Andy Warhol exhibition at the Hayward Gallery for a while. The only problem with the exhibition being the amount of his films on show. From factory recordings to interviews, to TV channel shows, a huge range of work that would take days to view.

I did enjoy seeing the prints, silkscreens and books on show and think one of the things I like about Andy Warhol is this recording of everything around him without discrimination in a sense. Obviously on the one hand there is always selection by an artist but here there is also recording whatever happens. I also like the fact a lot of videos had what could be called bad technique. There is hope for mine in the new year.

Afterwards I was taking photos outside the gallery and the South Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment