Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oxfam Windows Exhibition


These last few weeks have seen me busy working on some pictures for the Oxfam windows in Walthamstow. I had originally intended to show some local photographs, but then began working on other areas as well, triggered by the place ( a charity shop ) and recycling christmas paper.

What emerged was the symbol of the Buddha on wrapping paper of part made of wrapping paper, and a local image of the High street with wrapping paper and paint. Some images of work in progress here.
I haven't got all the written work together yet, but the issues and ideas are about the environment re-using items and objects and the Buddha and Buddhist teachings if you like being re-used here in the West. There is also something about finding beauty in what is discarded and that we use the materials of our life as part of our spiritual path.

The exhibition goes up next week, and I'll have more info on my main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment