Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New paintings walthamstow market and Columbia road market.



I have been busy painting some very small pictures, exploring my Buddhist and symbolic connections in this small scale. I enjoyed taking part of the image over the edges of the deeper box canvases. The images arrived as it were, when I was painting them, changing form a number of times in this process. This can be one of the frustrations in this intuitive way of working, but It also brings I find the element of surprise in the work which I enjoy very much.






I am trying to remember to take my camera out with me, and use it, when I am out and about more generally,like shopping. I do remember it more when I'm traveling around the city, as part of my documenting the public transport journeys I make, but when I pop out to the market etc I can forget. These are a few shots taken last week in Walthamstow market and Columbia road market.

No comments:

Post a Comment