Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Chelsea Flower Show

With all the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations going on it seems a while ago since I went to the Chelsea Flower Show.  I was there on the last day but not for the sell off. One year I'll stay to take photos, I love the way people disappear under all the plants they buy. Some thing I'd be doing as well.


The gardens seemed more muted in palette this year, softer planting too in general, with more of a wild garden feel to some. Diamuid Gavin produced another talked about garden, an 80ft 7 story garden which won the most Creative Show Garden prize.

Cleve West's Brewin Dolphin Garden won Best in Show with it's topiary yew shapes, hedging and soft herbaceous plants.


Satoya Life won a gold medal and best Artisan Garden. I loved the moss, Japanese Maples and water features, one of my favourite gardens.

Sarah Price's garden for the Daily Telegraph had some beautiful multi stemmed silver birch trees, very relaxed and natural in landscaping.

The Artisan Retreats were just gorgeous, summer houses or garden rooms to work and relax in I could have taken any of them away with me had i the room or money,  I always find it a pleasure to be amongst the gardens and flowers in the marquee, it is such a difference from being on the streets of London. Literally a breath of fresh or perfumed air.

No comments:

Post a Comment