Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Broadstairs Folk week.







I managed to get to the last day of the Broadstairs Folk week. That day we had the only a bit of rain in the week.


But I really enjoyed my short  time there, starting with a performance by Keith Kendrick and Sylvia Needham in the Old Curiosity Shop cafe.
Lovely cafe, small intimate space and great performance. Keith and Sylvia both played concertinas and sang with grace and humour.Their website here where you can hear some of their music.



I walked along the promenade and watched several Morris sides including Dead Horse Morris from Whitstable, there site here.http://deadhorse.org.uk/ 

The bandstand and area around it played host to childrens entertainment and was full to bursting with families enjoying themselves.



Musicians were having a jamming session in the shelters where I lingered for a little while and the markets had some good stuff, a mixture of festival alternative type clothes crafts, foods and collectables.


Hopefully I'll be able to make more of the week next year, definately recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment