Sunday, October 01, 2006

Out of the Box

I have been very busy over the last few weeks since the E17 Art Trail. My friend Clare, who has been recently ordained, and is now Amitajyoti, and I have just lead another Urban Art Retreat at Bethnal Green.
It went very well, some pics here, and I will be putting more photos and the talks we gave etc on the main site under events soon.



I didn't have too much time to do much art work myself over the weekend, but the box I painted gave me an idea for a nother way of working. It had a dark blue background and white drawing on top.
We were looking at the "box" as a metaphor for a limiting way of thinking, for the language we might use and for the ideas we might have about the world and ourselves.
It was great providing people with large cardboard boxes filled with wierd and wonderful things for them to use as a resource over the weekend. As usual some lovely work was produced. In fact the work would have looked good as an installation piece on the nature of perception.

I have another series of evening events comming up, these will be using meditation and positive change methods. They start on 5th Oct.

Ruth has also been working on a page on the main site with Art cards of some of my photographs. We will have Pay Pal facilities on there, so people will be able to buy online.
This should all be finnished in a couple of days, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can sell more easily online then.

I've also started a print making couse and am enjoying experimenting at the moment, I'm hoping to find a way of combining the printmaking with producing some artists books. More details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment